Wednesday, June 07, 2006

IMin' and Monbazillac

Fun Stuff:

When you are living in a land with a seven hour time difference from your home, you really appreciate instant messaging. I appreciated it already, but maybe I took it a bit for granted. I am sorry IM. I will never do that again. If you have IM, and you want to chat, here are my account names:

  • Yahoo: decbat2002
  • ICQ: deckard2000
  • Gtalk: decbat@gmail.com

  • Wine Stuff:

    Jeannine, the lovely lady I am staying with during my French classes, pulled out a big gun last night. We were discussing how difficult it is to be a sommelier, what with all the requirements to know wine by taste smell and color. She postulated that she could tell the difference between wines from the different French wine regions, but maybe not from within a region. I said maybe that is not quite accurate, because each region has some atypical wine.

    To show me the great difference between the Loire and Monbazillac she brought out a 1988 Monbazillac from which we drank. I won’t go into the discussion that ensued, suffice it to say, that wine ROCKED!

    To employ a technical wine term, that wine was freakin’ yummilicious. And the color was like a slightly dried out honey.

    I will argue with Jeannine more often, if that is a typical result.

    happy drinking,
    -PMo

    No comments: