Saturday, June 16, 2007

Our Home and Not Wine

Fun Stuff:

In case you are wondering about our new home, here is a picture. We still consider Austin to be "home", so we are just renting for now. We are not renting this whole house though! We can barely afford to feed ourselves ;)



Claudia and I really like the place. The house is a 1920's Victorian with wood floors everywhere, a nice porch, spacious living dinning and bedrooms, a cute but tiny kitchen, small bathroom, and an extra room. Oh yeah, I should not forget the damp not-very-cool basement. No wine is going down there!

We are seven minutes walk to from the train station, and five minutes walk from main street. It's a great location.

Wine Stuff:

I do not only drink wine, though I get a lot of flack for being a beer hater. I am not actually a beer hater though... To me beer is like Modern art. I have a lot of respect for it, and can understand the statement the artist was trying to make when he painted the canvas solid white, but I am not going to buy it.

Actually I just do not like the taste of hops, and that is pretty much what beer is.

Which brings me to my point. I am currently drinking a Mike's Hard Crisp Apple, and on the bottle it reads "Flavored Beer" on the neck label, and "Malt Beverage" on the bottle label. Well, sure, beer is a malt beverage, but I am sure there is no hops in this stuff.

What is the world coming to when a label can be so misleading?!

Anyway, I drink Mike's various Hard Beverages, and so many other things it's not even funny.

Beer: a general name for alcoholic beverages made by fermenting a cereal (or mixture of cereals) flavored with hops

Malt: Malting is a process applied to cereal grains, in which the grains are made to germinate and then quickly dried before the plant develops

happy drinking,
-PMo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo PMO,

Good to see you guys are finally settled in. I'm telling you man, try some Lindeman's Lambic (framboise or peche), it's beer but it taste's like it's not.

How did the wine ship? Were any of the bottles cooked?

-Alex-