Sunday, November 16, 2008

New Glasses in which to Pour Cotes du Rhone and the Birthday Girl

Les Garrigues

I picked up a 2007 Les Garrigues Cotes du Rhone yesterday. It is too young, but Grenache usually helps make a wine more drinkable even when it is young. In case you are wondering, the standard blend for a red Cotes du Rhone is Grenache, Syrah, and Mourvèdre with Cinsault, Carignan, Counoise, and Picpoul to lesser degrees. They always have a lot of Grencahe, upwards of 40% depending on the sub-region. Anyway, I think I will buy this again, but I will cellar it for at least a year, or drink it with food.



Today, I got some bargain wine glasses. Linens n' Things is going out of business, so I dropped in for some depressing shopping in a ransacked store. Seriously, that place looked like a tornado hit it. I don't think they had 2 matching towels, or 2 folded towels for that matter. I did find some wine glasses that I like. I got 4 red and 4 white wine glasses that were even in boxes. So I bought them and you can see one in the picture. I like how huge it is ;)

Claudia's Birthday

I think Claudia had a nice birthday weekend. We had a great dinner with friends last night, and today we were about as lazy as we possibly could be. I think we changed out of our jammies (mine have rubber duckies on them) at 2:00 PM. Then we went out for lunch. That was it. Just a nice relaxing Sunday.

Here is one cute picture. For the rest, go to facebook.




happy drinking,
-PMo

No comments: