Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Google's New Mail Goggles and New Grape Wine Goggles

Google's Mail Goggles Feature

Do you often find yourself emailing ex-girlfriends when you have had a few too many? When that happens do you find yourself composing an email that says "I LOVE YOU BABBY COM BACK ILUV U AWWW BABY COME BACCK"?

Well, now Google has you covered. They now have an option that activates itself late at night when you just might have had a drink... or 5. It asks you to do math problems before it will let you send an email. I am laughing just typing this it is so funny. Here's a picture.

Blogging about a New (to me) Grape, Prieto Picudo (with wine goggles)

Google should expand the functionality of mail goggles to Blogger. Actually no. If they did that, I would never get to blog about wine unless I set my math level really low. However, I am not sure I lose my mad math skills when I am drinking... But I digress.

I found this Spanish wine called Alaia, de La Tierra De Castilla Y Leon. Actually, my local wine shop recommended it, and I have to say it was a great recommendation. If you can find it and you like Tempranillo or Zin or Shiraz, you will probably like this. For the price point ($12), however, I would say it is better than any of those. What I noticed is that it can match those other popular grapes in fruitiness and boldness, but it has a lot more character than a $12 Zin. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, it is not 100% Prieto Picudo (some kind of Weevil?). It is 50% Prieto Picudo, 45% Tempranillo, and 5% Merlot.

I don't think I can talk about the complexities and the technical aspects of this wine. Not only have I had too much of it, but you will not care anyway…

Happy drinking

-PMo

No comments: