Wednesday, May 03, 2006

EVOLUTION: Lucky Number 9 Wine

Fun Stuff:

My friend, Brandy, is coming to town tomorrow. That will be fun. We don't have any plans really. Just hanging out with friends, maybe visit a vineyard or two. I am sure we will have fun, and thus the fitting title fun stuff.

Wine Stuff:

So I said I would let you in on Evolution, "Lucky number 9". Evolution is a great white blend from Sokol Blosser. I will describe it, first, relative to another wine, Caymus Conundrum. Caymus is a popular and well-respected producer. Their Conundrum white blend can be quite good. Thanks to the many grape varietals used in it, it has a lot of character and layers. With that said, it has two faults. One, it is surprisingly inconsistent for such a big name wine. Two, it cost $22. That is about $5 more than it is worth.

Evolution costs $15, is surprisingly consistent, and has all the good things conundrum has. Give them both a try, and let me know which you think is better. I can't decide, but I drink about twice as much Evolution as Conundrum.

-PMo

No comments: