Thursday, May 25, 2006

First Visitors to Chateau P&C

Fun Stuff:

Our first visitors have come. Today, our friends, Lars-Åke (pronounced "Laash okay", emphasis on the O), his lovely soon-to-be-wife Esti, and their adorable son William arrived from Belgium. We hiked up the hill on the way to the Bastille, but we only made it 1/10 of the way before it was time to stop and drink. I don't blame anyone. It was the wine's fault. It was screaming at us from inside the bag. It is beautiful up there. You can see that in the previous image.



I already made Lars-Åke mad because I put his Westmalle Tripple in the fridge on it's side. This type of beer has yeast remaining in it, and needs to stand up right otherwise the yeast will pour into the glass.

Wine Stuff:

I went to the big grocery store, Carrefour, and bought wine. It was so cheap I just decided to buy everything I wanted. It cost me $100 for 15 bottles. No joke!

I love all types on wines, countries, and regions equally, but I just have to mention the fact that I can find 5 and 6 euro Alsacien Gewurztraminer here. Alsacien Gewurz, I can honestly say, is my favorite wine/grape/region. I won't go into the details, but suffice it to say, Alsace soil allows for a vast diversity of flavor, and I love every variation of flavor on this grape.

happy drinking,
-PMo

No comments: