Sunday, May 21, 2006

Finally in Grenoble!

Fun Stuff:

We finally moved to France. We have been here only a week, and I am already starting to feel at home. We are still waiting for our refrigerator to be delivered, so we are eating out a lot. That has its good and bad sides. The food is great, and we don't have to cook it. On the other hand, we are spending A LOT of money, and it is less relaxing, less cozy.

We hiked up to the Bastille, on a hillside, just across the river from us. It is about a mile hike up hill, and we are not in the best shape of our lives. Very tough hike, but it was quite pretty as you can see here.



Wine Stuff:

So I don't have any specific wine to tell you about yet, but of course I have imbibed a lot of new wines. I do want to say that the price difference between French wine, in France, and virtually any wine in the U.S. is dramatic. So far I have only been to small grocery stores to shop. Nevertheless, I have not paid more than $6 for a bottle of wine, and I have purchased at the top end of what is available. The most expensive French wine I have seen was about $8. The most expensive wine in general was $11 (California). Don't get me wrong; you can buy expensive wine if you wish. There are two key issues at work here.

  • 1 The average wine is better here than in the U.S.
  • 2 French wine is just dirt cheap

  • I will enjoy life here :)

    -PMo

    1 comment:

    Estie and Lars said...

    Make sure to stock up! We will be coming!
    Lars, Estie and William