Saturday, April 22, 2006

BLOG Evolution

Okay, this blog needs format. I am going to try a sectional blog. You know, like a couch. The normal sections will be a fun or funny section followed by wine stuff. This way people who are not interested in boring wine stuff will know exactly what not to read.

Fun Stuff:

I watched an Iranian movie today called Children of Heaven. That’s the English title anyway. It showed me how crazy rich America is. It is about a little boy who loses his sister's shoes on the way home from the shoe repairman. Throughout the movie he and his sister trade his shoes back and forth in a relay fashion. Pretty cute and culturally interesting. From the richy American perspective… both of those kids need new shoes, and some freakin’ food.

Wine Stuff:

I was tipsy earlier, but then I watched the above-mentioned movie. Now I can right a sober wine review. Woo Hoo! So I drank a 2005 Texas Sauvignon Blanc from Fall Creek. It was a nice, light and dry summer wine. It smells of bright melon and tastes like dry tea and citrus until you swallow. The finish has mineral notes. Not a bad attempt at Sauvignon from Texas.

-PMo

No comments: