Monday, April 24, 2006

Oops, Wrong Wine

Fun Stuff:

THERE IS NOTHING FUN TO SAY, I WAS AT WORK ALL DAY!

Wait just a second. That is probably not quite accurate. It's true, I did go to work today, but to say that I “worked” would be a bit fictitious. What did I do at work today!?! Okay, I did, like, one hour of work. That is pretty admirable for someone who is going to France soon. That is about it really. I didn't do anything especially fun today. I did have dinner at El Chilito, and I had some sangria with dinner, and that leads me to our wine review...

Wine Stuff:

Soooo I drink, and therefore buy, a lot of wine. That is to say that I know where the stuff I am looking for is stored on the shelves. So I wanted a simple Valley of the Moon Pinot Blanc. It is nice and simple with some real taste (unlike your average Chard). Yes I am biased against Chardonnay. Anyway, the point is I went to the shelf where all the pinot blanc’s and white blends are, I saw Valley of the Moon and I grabbed a bottle. I came home and threw it in the Fridge. That was last week. Today I grabbed it and opened it. Claud said something like "Are you having Zinfandel", and I thought that was an odd question. Why would I drink Zin on such a warm day. A day screaming for COLD WHITE WINE. Well, she asked because I had just opened a CHILLED Valley of the Moon Zin. Dammit!

The wine was stocked in the wrong place, but that is no excuse. I can read. I should have read the bottle.

Anyway... It is not a bad wine, though it tastes a lot better at room temperature. Some of the flavors get chilled away. Normally I say that red does well at about 55 F (just a little cool). This wine is better at real room temperature. Like 70 F. Anyway, it was okay, though a bit young. It is pretty acidic, so it will get a little better in a couple of years. With that said, I think it will go great with grilled meats RIGHT NOW. So if you buy a 2004 Valley of the Moon Zinfandel, drink it with grilled stuff. The charred flavor will go well with this puppy.

-PMo

No comments: