Friday, April 21, 2006

The First (Tipsy) Wine Review

I wonder how many posts will be like this one in the future. This is a "tipsy"” post. I want to "review"” a wine that I am currently drinking... After drinking two margaritas.

So I am drinking a Spanish white wine that is a blend of 4 grapes. Well that is what the review said, but I can only find three grapes on the bottle. Muscat, Xarel, and Lo. To be honest, I have never heard of Xarel or Lo, but they are certainly going on my list of "grapes I have ingested in wine form”.

I bought it because I have been in a white blends mood, and I think Muscat is good in blends. Off topic, if you ever see a Muscat/Viognier blend, buy it. I will review one of my favorites later. But I digress...…

This 2004 wine, from Oro Penedes Hill, is dry and fruity both in the nose and palette, but a little watery where it counts.

Let's put it this way: I give it a 8 out of 10 after drinking two margaritas. I guess I would give it a 6 or a 10 if I had not had anything to drink beforehand.

-PMo

No comments: